Full Service Family Practice
When you need healthcare services, Dr. Armitage, Dr. Griffin and the Pelican team of nurse practitioners and physician assistants are trained, experienced and ready to help.
Our physicians specialize in family medicine, as well as allopathic and osteopathic medicine, and provide services for every member of your family, including annual physicals, geriatric care, pediatric care, and ongoing care for chronic conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
Family medicine services for adults and children, including:
- Complete physicals, including comprehensive health assessments
- Immunizations, including annual flu shots
- Weight management and annual wellness visits
- Urinary incontinence
- Fall prevention assessments
- Health Care Screenings and Preventive Medicine
- Chronic illness management, including diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol
- Women’s health care, including PAP smears and breast exams
- Pharmacogenomic Testing
- Well-child care and sick visits
- IV Infusions
- Lab tests and X-rays
Pelican Family Medicine contracts with many major health insurance carriers, including the ones listed here. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that Pelican Family Medicine is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Pelican Family Medicine, your out of pocket liability may be higher.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC
- First Health
- MultiPlan / Private Healthcare Systems
- United Healthcare